Friday, November 28, 2008

First Dontation!

Grace just gave me my very first donation check, along with a "Here you go. Go get your Swahili on." Hehehe. I hadn't heard back from anyone on my first fundraising e-mail to close friends and family, (except for mom saying, "This is really good, Honey") so it was a welcome boost.

Several people have mentioned I should throw a fundraising party, too. :-) They just want a party! But it's a good idea. Maybe I'll have a going away party and charge admission. No freebies here!

I continue to have pangs of anxiety for several hours at a time, thinking about whether I'm making the right choice to leave such a good job in the middle of this recession. I know I'm not going to find anything as solid when I come back. But as Ruth said, "It's now or never!" And I can make due with a lot less, anyway. I already am: No more manicure/pedicures, new clothes or stuff for the apartment, etc. However, the biggest savings is coming from skipping all of the (wonderful) invitations to go away for weekends... It's amazing how much $$ all those flights ate up. So, I'm getting cozy with just being in L.A. It's really not so bad.

That's all for now.

xoxox,
Katy

1 comment:

Catherine (aka Lucy's Mommy) said...

yes, you're doing the right thing. when you get back you can always live with us (but you'll probably choose will)!