Sunday, November 30, 2008

E-bay & The Goodness of Roomies

Listed some stuff on eBay today to try to make money/get rid of things. Sometimes I wonder if the effort of photographing, posting and shipping the stuff is really worth it. But so many things are too nice or I paid too much originally to just donate!

I have listed: A "World Religions" text book (hopefully will get 50 bucks!), some pretty Indian curtains I got for the British party last summer, and a set of silver seafood forks Mom gave me from Phair's when it was going out of business. I've had them for 5 years now and have yet to buy a crab. Purge, purge, purge!

Shawnté's sitting across from me at the kitchen table doing bills and just gave me a check (also my x-mas and next b-day pres) with the mandate to "Go do good, Norris." Awwwwww... My little heart overfloweth with gratitude. As hard as it is to ask folks for money, I'm realizing that it's actually making this experience a lot more meaningful. I feel like I'm not just going for myself anymore, as I would have done with the Peace Corps, I'm representing all my family & friends who are giving something up to make it possible, and need to work extra hard to make sure their money is put to good use. So as nice as it would be to drop all this and join the Peace Corps and not be completely broke when I come home (save my retirement plan) it feels good to know that a little bit of everyone else is, in a sense, coming with me.

No comments: