Monday, January 12, 2009

The moving begins...

For the first time in a long time, I feel a little bit lonely. It's probably just because I've been surrounded by friends non-stop of late. We moved Shawnte out of the apartment today, and it’s very empty and echo-y. I brought the patio table in to use as a dining table for the next few days, and still have two chairs and the TV, but that’s it for the furniture, outside my bedroom.

Glad to have Eddie Cat Halen to keep me company – he’s a little bewildered as to where his couch in front of the window went, not to mention Shawnte's whole room, and is sticking close to me.

Shawnte’s new studio is fantastic though, and I’m so excited that she has her own place! Mo and I installed shelves and a desk in her walk-in-closet-now-office, and it was so much fun to do something hands-on. I wonder how much I’ll be working on a computer in Kenya, and how much I’ll be doing more active work. Not even sure if ACCES (the org I’ll be working for) has computers! They must though…

Off to start packing...

Cheers,
Katy

1 comment:

Don W said...

Oh My Gosh!

My 2nd Daughter is in Africa!