Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Public Knowledge!

Well, the cat's out of the bag — a colleague announced at a meeting today that I was leaving for a higher cause. Which sounds like I'm going to become a woman of the cloth or something. I don't think they realized that it was not yet common knowledge, but I don't mind. I only have 5 weeks left at work, which is downright startling.

Spent an annoying half hour at the post office at lunch to getting a new passport today. Though U.S.P.S. stipulates that you must come between 10-12 to do anything passport-related, of course the only employee who handles passports wasn't around. She's "in the bathroom" her coworker said. So, I waited. She later walked in with a soda and shopping bag.

In other news, I low-balled everyone else on half.com and sold my 5th edition of "World Religions" for $45. I feel bad underpricing all the starving students, but it's sold!

2 comments:

Mo said...

Remind me to tell you about getting my visa to Brazil... 2 hours a week for distribution... fun!

Catherine (aka Lucy's Mommy) said...

Well at least the soda and shopping bag explain it. Otherwise you might have thought she fell in!